ZZR 1200 Exhaust

Knowledgebase archive and UPGRADE MODS

Moderator: Moderators

ZZR 1200 Exhaust

Postby thers1600i » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Looking at upgrading the standard exhaust on my ZZR 1200, standards are huge and heavy, I have acquired a pair of Z1000 pipes, really good condition, love the look of them and they appear to compliment the bike, my question is link pipes and general performance!!
Any one have any views on possible performance issues, breathing of the motor, re jetting etc !, I will cut them down by say 100mm on the top one and 150mm on the bottom to again enhance the look.

Also, link pipes, having searched the good old tintternet I have discovered various link pipes, can I cut the link pipe off the Z1000 cans and simply weld the new ZZR 1200 link pipes on, will this fit etc, only looking for a little guidance here as they cost around £120, costly if they are of no use !

I would upload a photo, not sure how to do that though, does not appear to be to easy for a computer novice !!

thers1600i

Geographic Location: CB90NB
My Bike Make: Kawasaki
Engine Size: 1200
Model: ZZR

Re: ZZR 1200 Exhaust

Postby barry1200 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Totally agree about the weight of the standard exhaust system eek they weigh an absolute ton. Did you know there are catalytic converters in each silencer? I have a pair of Beowulf cans on mine (came with the bike when I bought it) and they are as light as a feather. I don't know if the jetting has been altered to suit, but I also fitted a K&N air filter, and it seems to run well. Without baffles it has a nice deep rumble, without being overly loud :Shhh: but get a move on, and that Kawasaki howl is just pure music. PartyDance . Funnily enough, I was out the other weekend, and pulled into a car park for a cuppa, and a guy came over from the car park across the road, and he said he recognised that Kawasaki sound before he saw the bike. I did wonder what the Z1000 exhausts would look like on zzr, would be nice to see some. thumbup Give it a whirl :clap:
barry1200
Advanced Rider

Geographic Location: pembrokeshire
My Bike Make: kawasaki
Model: zzr c2h

Postby thers1600i » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm

I didn't realize they had cat's in them, that would go some way to explaining the weight of the things }:(

I am going to give the Z1000 pipes a whirl, I love the look of them anyways, just got to sort out how now, can't be that hard, just need to find a good metal worker !!

I will try and post some pictures, how hard can it be !!
thers1600i

Geographic Location: CB90NB
Model: ZZR

Postby SteveZZR » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm

look for somewhere that does car exhausts locally?
Surely a piece of stainless pipe with 2 bends in it shouldn't be an issue for them ;)
ZZ6R
ZZR 1200 shock, Nissins, Bi-Xenon HIDs, DB01plus DigiDash, J fairing, R&G bungs

Click here for Custom Clock Faces!!
SteveZZR
Advanced Rider

Geographic Location: Scunthorpe
Engine Size: 600
Model: ZZ6R Hybrid

Return to ZZR1200